Communications Consultant Position
This is a full-time position to assist the Himalayan Life Canada staff carry out various communications. The primary responsibility of this position will be communication support for the Communications Manager and Program Liaison.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan the Communication Strategy 2022 in collaboration with the Communications Manager and Program Liaison
- Coordinate with the Communications Manager and Program Liaison to execute on Gifts of Life Christmas Campaign planning.
- Manage and monitor the Himalayan Life Canada Social Media accounts (ie. Facebook, Instagram). Populate the accounts with relevant and up-to-date content.
- Create and provide written content for the monthly e-Newsletters and other various emails
- Create and provide written content for the website LifeLog.
- Attend and assist with communication campaigns around Himalayan Life Canada’s various fall fundraising events.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalency; completion of one (1) year or more of post-secondary schooling is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently, and be organized.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Good effective listening and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook and Linkedin.
- Agree with Himalayan Life’s Code of Ethics.
Canada Summer Job Requirements:
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and,
- Have a valid social insurance number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
- For more information about Canada Summer Jobs: https://www.jobbank.gc.ca/youth
Working Hours and Location:
32 hours per week, Monday-Thursday. Weekend event attendance may be required occasionally. The position will start in October 2021 for 9 weeks.
The location will be at the Vancouver office, with the potential of partial work online, depending on PHO orders and recommendations.